Does experience excuse our attitudes?
Racism has been with us since…you know when. The thing is, those of us still racist or against interracial relationships have some reason to give for our actions; history of slavery, it was done to me when I was growing up…I have lost the energy to go on. Don’t get me started on hate crimes here. And you know what, the perpetrators have an excuse for their behavior. How can someone have an excuse for torching an innocent interracial couple who are minding their business?
So it happened to you. So it happened to our grandparents. So people hurled racial slurs at me and my interracial love. Does this give me an excuse to do the same to someone else just because it was done to me? Does this mean we have to continue hating other races for slavery, something that happened eons ago…not to us, but to our ancestors?
Your perfect partner could be online right now...
What are you looking for?
So you have had some experience we don’t know about. Seriously, should our racial experiences excuse racism?
- Watch: What He REALLY Needs To Know Before He Commits to You
- QOTW: Asian Guy Introduces White Girlfriend to Family as a Friend
- Audio: The Narcissistic Continuum
- QOTW: White Male Engaged to Black Female Seeks Advice About His Racist Son
- QOTW: "Are black women who date online seen as easy prey to white men???"
13 responses to "Does experience excuse our attitudes?"
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.