Zuckerberg show's off Mandarin skills while wishing the world a happy Lunar Year
The “Happy New Year” wishes from Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg were subtitles. Yes, the wishes were in Mandarin. With him were his wife Priscilla Chan and baby girl Max.
"Priscilla and I are very excited to celebrate our first Lunar New Year with Max," he continued.
The caption for the Facebook video upload read:
Your perfect partner could be online right now...
What are you looking for?
"Happy Lunar New Year from Priscilla, Max and me!
In the Year of the Monkey, I hope you and all your loved ones find happiness, health and good fortune."
In the video, he also shared with us the meaning of the Chinese name they chose for their daughter "Chen Mingyu". "Chen" is the wife’s family name and "Mingyu" symbolizes "our hope for a brighter tomorrow for the world," (Did I mention all that wasvin Mandarin?!!!!)
Well, the name Mingyu makes sense because when Max was born, Zuckerberg pledged to donate 99% of their Facebook stock to to "advance human potential and promote equality for all children in the next generation."
Super impressive on the Mandarin and the name "Mingyu"! No monkey business that's for sure! Below is the full video if you fancy Mandarin...
- Oyelowo on his Interracial Marriage and Connection he Feels to Film 'A United Kingdom'
- Assumptions People Make on Interracial Relationships in Africa
- "Nobody should feel like that's realistic" - Chrissy Teigen on the pressure for new mums to get back into shape
- Barack Obama gets "choked up" while presenting Ellen DeGeneres with Presidential Medal of Freedom
- "Hair is an accessory and doesn't define a woman" - Duckie Thot
1 responses to " Zuckerberg show's off Mandarin skills while wishing the world a happy Lunar Year"
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.