Tips for a Great Romantic Tour of Spain
Are you and your significant other in need of an escape from the daily grind? Now's the time to act. Whether you want to lie on sun-soaked beaches, eat freshly cooked paella, explore years of history or sip on sangria, Spain is the romantic holiday you're craving. Not to mention, the lively culture makes España a great place to travel with your partner. If you're not sure where to start, check out these tips to plan a romantic trip in Spain.
What not to Miss
Your perfect partner could be online right now...
What are you looking for?
- History: Madrid's Art Walk is a must if you and your special someone are art lovers. Discover Spanish artists like Picasso and Dali in the Museo Reina Sofia, or explore eight centuries of European art in the Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza. If you're more into history and culture, make a day trip of Granada's Alhambra Palace or walk through the decadent rooms and gardens of Moorish kings. Discover Gothic architecture by roaming the streets of Barcelona's Gothic Quarter. As you walk through these historic places, bond with your significant other over your passion for certain pieces and take pictures together in front of your favorite pieces. Just be sure to turn off the flash before snapping a photo. If you have an iPhone 6, all you need to do to turn off the flash is go into the camera app, tap the lightning-bolt icon and press Off. If you're using a point-and-shoot camera, look for the same lightning-bolt icon and press it until it shows that it's off.
- Food: One of the best parts about traveling is diving into the specialties of a new cuisine. Barcelona's La Boqueria is Europe's largest food market. With a range of fresh produce and Spanish cuisine, it's a great place to cater to individual tastes. This is especially helpful if you and your special someone don't always like the same types of food. To make your walk through the market extra romantic, pick a new food and try it together. Don't leave without trying a tapas bar hop in Madrid and try as many meat and vegan tapas options as possible.
- Culture: With a culture known for being lively and playful, you can't leave Spain without dancing. Learn to flamenco at one of the small taverns in Granada, or go for a night of grooving and sangria at the Gran Via hot spots in Madrid. This is a great time to express your passion and try something new together. In Valencia, wake up and rest your tired legs by lying at one of its many beautiful beaches at the gateway to the Mediterranean.
What to Bring (and not to Bring)
- Money belt/Cross-body handbag: As a general recommendation, it's a good idea to keep your money and valuables close to your body by using a money belt or a cross-body bag. This helps you avoid theft and pickpocketing, which can be common in Spain.
- Revealing clothing: While the beaches in Spain are lenient, you should cover up as you move away from the water. Avoid revealing outfits to make sure you don't stand out as a target. But you don't have to let go of your style - walking down Spanish streets in a fashionable outfit is half the fun. Cover your shoulders and don't wear shorts when visiting a church, but have fun and stay playful with colors and patterns because almost anything goes in this aspect of Spanish culture.
- This is the Real Reason James Harden and Khloe Kardashian Broke Up!
- "I'll always love him" - Bella Hadid Finally Opens Up about The Weekend Break-Up
- Tips for White Women in a Relationship with a Black Person
- WATCH: Ed Sheeran's Interracial Love Story in His Latest Video 'Shape of You'
- Racists Assume Asian Woman in Robin E. Kelly's Viral Video is the Nanny
VIRAL: Boy Surprises Mom by Asking for Same Haircut as Friend to Trick Teacher
Adele dedicates her Grammy win to Beyoncé and apparently BREAKS award in half!!
"The Wedding Plans are Off" - Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Split AGAIN
Racists Assume Asian Woman in Robin E. Kelly's Viral Video is the Nanny
Madonna Officially Adopts Twin Girls from Malawi
Responses to "Tips for a Great Romantic Tour of Spain "
Be the first to leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.