The government can't keep them apart

Posted by Leticia, 13 Apr 11

Jeff never had trouble meeting people, given his gregarious nature and his line of work—he’s a snowboard instructor, drummer, and D.J. whose handle is “DJake.”  But he’d found he was most compatible with black women and he wasn’t meeting many of them in his area.  What’s more, Jeff was very eager to meet his match and knew that hoping for the occasional chance meeting might keep him waiting for a long time.

“I wanted someone to fill my lonely heart, and yesterday,” Jeff says.  So he decided to try our site.  “Within the first month, I was talking to so many ladies that I quit searching to meet new ones,” he marvels.  “Several of them are now some of my best friends.  I’ve been teaching one of the girls’ daughters how to do magic tricks!”

Kalama was getting plenty of attention of her own, but she had specific ideas about the kind of man she was looking for.  When she found Jeff’s profile, it struck her as a bit long, but fun and genuine.  She liked that Jeff knew what he wanted.  His profile declared he was “Ready for Love.”  Their personalities seemed compatible, and so did their relationship goals—both wanted to start a family, sooner rather than later.

Your perfect partner could be online right now...

What are you looking for?

There was just one wrinkle to iron out—Jeff was in Ohio and Kalama was in Africa!  Undeterred, they started talking on Skype.  This was enough for Jeff to learn to love Kalama’s laugh, her beautiful smile, and her witty sense of humor.

Jeff decided to go to Africa for a visit to see if their connection would work in real life.  The pair met in person for the first time when Jeff got off the plane in Zambia.  “When I finally met her, she was the same person as on Skype, but so beautiful,” Jeff recalls.  “Her embrace felt so much warmer than a keyboard!”

The young couple felt a little anxious at first but their nerves settled down as their conversation took off.  Jeff and his sweetheart would dance for hours at a local club, until they were the last people on the dance-floor.  Later that night, their first kiss came in the back of the cab on their way home.

Jeff would spend seven weeks with Kalama’s family.  The couple toured the area to see Africa’s wildlife in its natural habitat and visit the world-famous Victoria Falls.  Along the way, they fell madly in love.  By the time Jeff headed home, he was a married man.  Yes, it’s true—Jeff and Kalama got hitched!

Sadly, difficulties with Kalama’s immigration are keeping the couple apart for now.  But Jeff and Kalama are making plans to reunite in Africa.  In fact, they hope to visit impoverished villages in Zambia, offering children entertainment, inspiration and gifts.

“Kalama’s smile, heart and love are greater than I ever could have imagined,” Jeff says.  Something tells us that no government can keep this couple apart for long.

198 responses to "The government can't keep them apart"

You must be logged in to post a comment.

1.   chinomnso says:
    Posted: 16 May 11

wow!! This is really amazing.I already gave up on finding love here but with this,its just a matter of time.Am happy for you guys and will like to say that you guys should never give up.immigration or no immigration ,be happy atleast to have found each other and please try to be together be it in Africa or in overseas where Jeff stays but sure that with time,things will work out good.I pray for this kind of favor from God to find that one who is ready and not later ready to merge and to love but the question is how many men here in the site is ready for this challenge.How many men could be like Jeff.I even lost confidence in this sites but the thing is i will go on now with this new strength from you guys.Wish you all the luck even part of mine,you need it now more than me and when all is well,i wish you give me back my luck,i will sure be needing it to find that one like you two did.

2.   Missy000 says:
    Posted: 13 May 11

Wondeful story. I've lived through immigration. I think they should have documented his trip with photos etc. Had him come home and apply for a fiancee visa for her. I hope they are strong enough to endure what they have to. It can be a several YEAR wait. I hope it goes quickly. Don't give up!!!!

3.   Shahzad says:
    Posted: 11 May 11

i wish them ever in love, pray for me dear..........

4. Posted: 09 May 11

I WISH THEM LOVE AND HAPPINESS, LOVE WILL KEEP THEM TOGETHER ACROSS THE COUNTRY. GOOD LUCK

5.   Ulysseas says:
    Posted: 02 May 11

yeah nice good looking couple, wish them all the best

6.   DirectGuy says:
    Posted: 28 Apr 11

Having been assigned abroad, I have become more humble and understanding. I too have been handicapped by immigration issues. Met someone, fell in love , brought her to America but yet due to buracracy matters and much time and money, immigration still is not allowing her to stay. It's under appeal. I truly feel for this couple and if it is sincere, I pray that it will work out. "Love is a terrible thing to waste'

7.   hawa4real says:
    Posted: 25 Apr 11

wow, what a worderful love to both of u.

• kemi98 says:
      Posted: 10 Jul 11

I understand you on the money part because to me I think that is what it is all about with immigration is money. Because if you ever just keep track of all the paper work you fill out and money you send. You will see how much it cost and realize that its just a money thing before you get them over here with immigration.

8.   jblistic says:
    Posted: 25 Apr 11

Lucky you girl. Wish you guys luck. Just believe in God everything will work out well for you guys.Congrats guys. God bless you guys.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: or 0 ()
  9.   fifi84 says:
    Posted: 24 Apr 11

Girlfriend I know everythings gonna work out just fine for u both!!Miss u!xx

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: or 0 ()
  10.   francoisee says:
    Posted: 23 Apr 11

what an amazing story im happy tht lve seen this story frm someone frm my own country,lm. wow !l feel so happy for them.congrats guys.God be with u.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: or 0 ()
  11.   edna says:
    Posted: 20 Apr 11

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated. Like or Dislike: or 22 (-14)
    • Titi2 says:
      Posted: 21 Apr 11

@Edna - Excuse me, I meant to say 'I do NOT know' where you are from, it was a typo. I was merely making an observation and not 'fighting' any wars. Stereotypes set a precedence for the ignorant and it's correcting them that enlightens people. Correction: doupt = doubt you knows = you know opinio = opinion atticle= article peprish= is not a word, just some unrecognised street colloquialism pepper soup = is renowned for being sweet(even Julia Childs would agree) so that I'll take it as a compliment- thank you

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: or 4 ()
    • edna says:
      Posted: 23 Apr 11

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated. Like or Dislike: or 21 (-14)
  12.   twroach76 says:
    Posted: 20 Apr 11

I completely agree that true love can't be separated by the government and immigration is something else. I met a beautiful girl from Uganda about 4 years ago on here and we have been back and forth which now have been married for a little over 8 months now. The first time we filed with immigration was for a fiancee visa which seemed to take for ever and decided to stop waiting. So I came back to Uganda living there for several months as we got married. Then had to come back to the states to finish up school and work. While doing all that we filed for a spousal visa which still this day we are awaiting to hear something as we approach the five month mark. We even have a congressional line helping us and even gone public but don't understand why it seems like I am immigrating to my own country sometimes. So we our waiting to see what happens but the overall answer will not stop us from living a normal married life together. We have several friends and contacts all over Africa and even looked at moving to South Africa. Anyway don't loose up on hope because we need to keep our faith because God will break those government doors down soon. I know regardless where we live we still want to be able to travel back and forth like civil human beings either in the states or somewhere across the world. With all of this we have formed a mission and cause to help others with immigration and even world power issues throughout poverty situations. I have a degree in law and continuing to provide help to others. Our ministry is called "Fish Bowl Ministries" Bring the water of life to both body and soul. We even have a store front on Facebook called "Hadassah UG-Beads & Jewelry" which we sell handmade jewelry to raise funds for support. Come check us out and be a part of the cause and helping others out. I hope this gets out to everyone and this site can make several people happy falling in love. I like to call it "8500 Miles" of love that God brings to people together to form one happy union of marriage. So Jeff if you need help come contact me and we will see what we can do to bring your beautiful loving wife to you. God Bless!!!

• Syl38 says:
      Posted: 20 Apr 11

I know the feelings you guys are going through because I went through the same thing, I was frustrated, mind you we got married in uganda in March. I joined my husband December of the same year but in between it was very frustrating. I had to keep calling Nairobi because the Canadian High Commission in Kampala didn't seem to really know why it was taking so long. These are the same people after getting them every document they requested told me it would only take them 3 months to process. So armed with prayer I called the Nairobi office and each time I made sure to talk to someone to make sure my file was moving. Am a christian so I did what the Word of the Lord says; pray without ceasing and I left the rest to Him (sometimes it was hard). But I have say that it is good to be patient because we as humans want things done right away, yet sometimes a little longer is also good. God's timing is different from ours we look at the now, He at the future which we don't know. Because while we where lamenting about this whole thing I now realise that God was working on me . My faith was being tested all the time. I could go on and on but I just want to say pray for God's favour and don't loose your cool because trust me some of those people in the imigration office are very rude and ignorant (every time I picked the phone I rebuked the devil). You are going through a season of testing. Mike Murdock says "The place of testing is always the place of trust." The Holy Spirit will always carefully time your Season of Testing.....to qualify for your Season of Reward. The Holy Spirit does not give you rewards for surviving your test. He provides you a test to qualify you for the rewards He desires you to experince. So guys, wait on the Lord. He will renew your strengh in Him (HE'S GOT YOUR BACK). you are blessed!!!!!

13.   till2000 says:
    Posted: 20 Apr 11

I hope she loves him and that he was not a pawn to get her into the US.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: or 6 ()
    • kemi98 says:
      Posted: 10 Jul 11

Hi After reading your coment on how hard the U.S. government is to us on marrying out the country. It is truely sad because it like the car telling us that we can only marry people in our country. Now as for your little problem have you ever tried applying for a visitor pass for her to come here. Reason I said that is because I have some friends who are married to people out side the country. Have you tried the sudent visa or traveling visa.That way she can come over to visit or go to school while eveything is worked out.

14.   Tayra01 says:
    Posted: 19 Apr 11

I agree with you Titi2.I was born in Africa and grew up there moved in USA few years ago where it is sunny and hot. My skin tone is still the same! Sorry @edna you are mistaken.

15.   Titi2 says:
    Posted: 19 Apr 11

What a sweet story, I certainly hope the US immigration pull their finger out and get the ball rolling for these two. @Edna- Honey I know where you are from but I think you are mistaken. Not all African people born, bred and living in Africa have 'opaque, shinning, oily skin' . I'm Zimbabwean, which is Zambia's neighbour where Kalama lives. You'll find fair skinned, dark skinned people everywhere even light skinned people you might think are of mixed race but aren't. It's not only black people living in cold weather that have lighter tones/complexions. Kalama has the same skin tone as half my Zim and South African friends who were born, live and work there. I don't think you meant anything bad by your comment earlier but in future please try not to generalise or stereotype and use it as fact.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: or 3 ()
    • edna says:
      Posted: 20 Apr 11

@ Tayra01 sorry didn't drop my comment to for u to prove me right/wrong

• dhayes45 says:
        Posted: 17 Aug 11

Yes, I agree berobella, besides isn't what this website for, interracial dating if you don't like it stay away from the website, God sees the heart within

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: or 0 ()
    • berobella says:
      Posted: 08 Jul 11

what is wrong with you? why so bitter? this is such a wonderful story and all of you've got is negativity- maybe you're in need of love.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: or 0 ()
  16.   Nengi1979 says:
    Posted: 19 Apr 11

GOOD LUCK TO THEM. WHEN tHEY FIGHT IT OUT WELL NO GOVT CAN KEEP THEM APART.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: or 0 ()
  17.   meluran says:
    Posted: 18 Apr 11

Love can run through ages so you will fulfill your dream I BELIEVE in your Love Very Good Love can be hard in the begining but once you get on , Its heaven !!!!!!!!

18.   ny3541 says:
    Posted: 18 Apr 11

Isn't that something. If she had snuck across the boarder, she'd have little trouble remaining here, but try to go through legitimate means...

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: or 9 ()
  19.   purr29 says:
    Posted: 18 Apr 11

Wow! what an amazing love story :)........am betting it wont be too long before they are together wherever they want to. True love always conquers all..... :)

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: or 2 ()
  20.   Iceburger says:
    Posted: 17 Apr 11

I have read this story and I feel Jeff is not being honest. One, he's a DJ and found himself talking to so many people. I believe most of these were either here on this site or within his line of work. Hes even teaching one daughter of a lady he met magic! Then, found another online, after a few days, they are married. My oh my...how long did it it him to know others were not what he wanted? Which area is this that he lives without black persons? Of late, the US and other formally tight governments have made it easier for visa applicants, especially spouses. If he's genuine and loves the lady, he can as well pack and head for Zambia and never go back. Emmm...did I miss the wedding pictures that support the story? Otherwise, the headline of this article for now, should read differently....remove can't and replace keep with keeps!

21.   leoaking says:
    Posted: 17 Apr 11

Sweet ass on her. He looks nerdy. Good luck getting into US. I always wondered how that all works.

22.   poula says:
    Posted: 17 Apr 11

wooooooh that love story sounds cool,i also hv aboyfriend on this site who seems to be serious like jeff dont tell me that i wl be going thro what kamala is going thro bcoz am afraid

23.   Decentdude says:
    Posted: 17 Apr 11

@ 28...Edna. U re just jealous and a big time pessimist! Zambia isnt West African...or Nigeria...its southern Africa...perhahs u need to get back to school to refresh...Kalama is 100% African and im very proud of her story...well for Jeff...u re a lucky sud!!!!

24.   jesthern says:
    Posted: 17 Apr 11

hahaha wel thats really a gud story its just like ours coz we are married but we are still apart since we cant hear anything frm immigration they just keep on telling u to wait over and over so am but that has not stop us from talking on phone,email and skype so ma dear friends Jeff and kalama just hang in there as long as u love is stil there am sure something will work out

• edna says:
      Posted: 20 Apr 11

@ 47 Decentdude its pathetic to be proud of a story u read from an internet. I need to go back to school just the way You need to go and see a psychiatrist.

25.   redryder44 says:
    Posted: 17 Apr 11

Two great looking people who found love! I wish them a long life together and a speedy solution to their getting through the problems of the government keeping them from returning to the US together. His staying with Kalama and her family and returning to entertain and visit other places can only strengthen their relationship. they will have much to share from this, and I wish them a long and joyous life together! Another proof there is no racial barrier when it comes to love! Larry

26.   brebri58 says:
    Posted: 17 Apr 11

Iam so happy for the two of them. Iam also searching for a woman of color to spend the rest of my life with.

27.   karatina says:
    Posted: 17 Apr 11

beautiful story, goes to show that love true is very much alive. What i would like to know is what is the problem with immigrations?

28.   viktor777 says:
    Posted: 17 Apr 11

Wow, this is so great - Jeff is so lucky guy! I hope they will be patient in visa case. I wish lot of happiness to both of them!!!

29.   lovable_1 says:
    Posted: 17 Apr 11

This story is a load of crock........if they are married and she cant stay in his country then he should be willing to live in hers.

30.   lillypie says:
    Posted: 17 Apr 11

congrats,there is no distance on this earth as far as away as yesterday.am sure you will make it guys.some of us are also praying for that miracle to happen to us!GOD BLESS YOU!!

31.   hosea says:
    Posted: 17 Apr 11

that's so cool of them, they will make it

32.   Godgift41 says:
    Posted: 17 Apr 11

A big congratulations to the couples and jeff especially. This is to tell the world that love choses no race, staus nor color. Jeff should be an examplary to all men. Distance should not be an upstacle to love. The couples should just be patient and faithful to eachother. The will make it out no matter what not even the government to put assunder what God has put together. Couples, HOLD tight to your love. God will make it for you.

33.   nimoore says:
    Posted: 17 Apr 11

so inspiring distance doesnt matter ,twas meant to be,congrats to the couple wish you all da best

34.   kishumundu says:
    Posted: 17 Apr 11

Congrats Jeff & Kalama, Just a good testimonial i hv a friend who met a british man and the embassy stop them same to you guys they work hard through lawyers after three yrs of there marriage things works out ,she left to UK this yr so is matter of time guys keep in touch hope somedays you will be together its matter of time for them to proof some issues and they will definately release the way no doubt. Big Congrats

35.   itstime4u says:
    Posted: 17 Apr 11

I do business in west and south africa and know about the immigration laws. As an American, it is very expensive and time consuming to bring someone over from a non westernized country. I think there is a little prejudice in the way the immigration laws are, pertaining to countries of color, Africa, Asia and South America. South Africa is a little different because an American citizen can enter there without a visa, but all other parts of Africa require a visa. While I am happy for you, I only hope you are prepared for the obstacles you will face while trying to obtain a visa for your wife. It is sometimes better to obtain an immigration attorney before you marry someone from another country. It would have been better to get a fiance visa first because by marrying now, can take years to get her here. It is easier for you to go there than for her to come here. It seems as though she is from the South Africa area and yes there are some very beautiful women there just like here in America. The only difference that I have experienced with African women is that they are more domesticated and submissive. I hope things work out for the two of you because your love will be tested.

36.   domini says:
    Posted: 17 Apr 11

There's nothing can can stop the force of love for it conquers all! Jeff and Kalama, you have a wonderful story...cherish it and build upon it. Remember that the only forces that can come between both of you are the ones you empower. I'm hoping to hear nothing but the best from your relationship!!!

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: or 0 ()
  37.   Jewel31 says:
    Posted: 17 Apr 11

This story only proves that distance is only geography and shows that the pursuit for happiness is not a myth......Good luck guys will be praying that you will be together soon...all the best... Hope I'll be able to tell my story as well.....

38.   direwolf says:
    Posted: 16 Apr 11

i am so happy for them. i am a true romantic who believes in love at first sight; and i would also marry after a month to my sweet heart. Hell yeah! i hope that her immigration paper get process soon so that she can come live with her husband. i, too, would go to the ends of the world to find the woman of my dreams; and hope to share a similar story of my own someday. now i know there is hope for me. god bless them. You go Jeff and Kalama, we're rooting for you here in America and on this site.

39.   Gwen4 says:
    Posted: 16 Apr 11

Absence sharpens love but presence strengthen it ; We are born for love; it is the principle of existence and its only end; grace be yours, with the peace that never stops. multiplying; best of luck.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: or 0 ()
  40.   sofia12 says:
    Posted: 16 Apr 11

Although I have not been told why the immigration cannot issue you visa so you can go and stay with your man. Well well well kalama and Jeff, love conquer all if this is truly your destiny. I pray that God should see you through. Good Luck.

41.   Michael says:
    Posted: 16 Apr 11

Sorry, but something just doesn't ring true in this almost "too perfect" interracial love story. The reason behind Kalamas inability to get a visa is a major "plot line" in the story, yet it is completely missing....not even a hint. That makes the entire thing suspect in my mind.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: or 2 ()
  42.   edna says:
    Posted: 16 Apr 11

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated. Like or Dislike: or 16 (-14)
    • lovable_1 says:

I agree with you Michael

• amanda says:
      Posted: 30 Apr 11

edna please do not insult us like this..it amazes me that people as shallow and narrow minded such as you are still found on earth..i am of south african origin and i happen to be shades lighter than wat u will ever be...zambians ethopians, tanzanians and namibians naturally are fair skinned with straighter hair texture....i honestly believe u texted what you did out of jelousy and spite, i as an african take offense....but i wish u could be able to one day come to see our beautiful continent..maybe we will be able to change some of the misconceptions you have about us =)

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: or 0 ()
  43.   goldenlover says:
    Posted: 16 Apr 11

To the 2 love birds, this is a clear sign that love can be found anywhere in the world irrespective of race, location or religious affiliations. Jeff is a brave man for going for his heart yearns for and for his Kalama for being just a real woman. I wish you both the very best today and in the coming years!

44.   bookitty123 says:
    Posted: 16 Apr 11

Well, that wasn't wise to get married after only knowing each other less than a month lol. Best of luck.

45.   numerouno1 says:
    Posted: 16 Apr 11

wow.... what a fantastic story true love always finds away good luck to you both may you have a long and happy life together

46.   Nadira says:
    Posted: 16 Apr 11

she is gorgeous... I hope everything works out for them. The sounds very romantic I wish there was a petition to sign to send to the government.

47.   RockFan81 says:

Congratulations!

48.   Guery says:
    Posted: 16 Apr 11

Beautiful story, but to answer the question yes the government can delay them on started a new life. Jeff shouldn't married her right away. He should had request for a immigration for a fianc visa that would had take less than 3 months and he will have got another three months to married her after she arrive in the USA. By married her their is no such of agency of issuing her a visa. Thank for the story and I wish them the best of luck. Any one that fall in love please don't married first request for a fianc visa. It will go much quicker.

49.   chyna899 says:
    Posted: 16 Apr 11

Omg...This is absolutely beautiful. Such a remarkable story. Jeff and Kalama congrats and May GOD bless u guys...

50.   Sharee313 says:
    Posted: 16 Apr 11

I am so happy to see that this site has worked out for them and many others. Keep the faith and trust God, all will work out for the both of you. Very proud to see how he went after what he wanted and needed, never let go, both of you. I wish you the best of luck in your marriage and never forget what brought the two of you together when times seem hard, you will be together.