Multicultural dating-the modern mix
Most people of the present generation have the freedom not to fret over color and ethnicity in friendship and relationship choices. The older generation however, disapprove of it… feeling defensive that they may be losing their cultural traditions, value and identity. Some people view it as turning against one's own culture. Some think that mixed race relationships will eventually cause their cultures to shrink or die out.
I've never understood the problem with multicultural dating. As far as I'm concerned, ethnicity should be no reason for people not to date. And whether we view such unions as positive multiculturalism or not, the truth is that mixed culture relationships are a fact of life. This is due to the fact that the younger generations have had the chance to grow up in multicultural communities, allowing them to interact with individuals from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
So why is it still so hard to find a suitable term to describe mixed culture people? Why is it so hard for the older generation to accept such relationships as any other kind of relationship? Do people of mixed culture feel caught between two stools or are they nestling in the best of both worlds?
Your perfect partner could be online right now...
What are you looking for?
It’s the modern mix… your opinion counts!!!
- Adorable Mixed Race Twins With Different Skin Tones Winning Over the Internet
- WATCH: Nipple Pasties and Lip Sync for Valentine's from Chrissy Teigen and John Legend
- "God has blessed my life in abundance" - Viola Davis gets emotional as she accepts Hollywood Walk of Fame star
- People Are Not Happy With Zoe Saldana's Thoughts About Why Donald Trump Got Elected
- Will Kanye West be showing Yeezy Season 5 at NYFW?
6 responses to "Multicultural dating-the modern mix"
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.