Jill Scott's spirit winces at black-white dating
My new friend is handsome, African-American, intelligent and seemingly wealthy. He is an athlete, loves his momma, and is happily married to a White woman. I admit when I saw his wedding ring, I privately hoped. But something in me just knew he didn't marry a sister. Although my guess hit the mark, when my friend told me his wife was indeed Caucasian, I felt my spirit...wince. I didn't immediately understand it. My face read happy for you. My body showed no reaction to my inner pinch, but the sting was there, quiet like a mosquito under a summer dress. - Jill Scott; April issue, Essence Magazine
I know she was being honest about her feelings on 'such' coupling. She also says that her "positions is that for women of color" and that this wince isn't racist... but "has solely to do with the African story in America".
Much as she claims this to be the view of women of color, I expected better from her. Even if she had the guts to voice her honest opinion, I think people should keep such thoughts to themselves. They scream STONE AGE!. I am a woman of color ... Jill Scott's view isn't my view. Is her position the position of women of color? In what century?
- Big Brain finalist's music video supporting interracial and gay couples
- North Carolina may allow civil servants to deny marriage licences to gay and interracial couples
- Great date ideas for couples who love the outdoors
- Japan names it's first mixed-race Miss Universe Japan
- Map Shows Most 'Racist' States
More Opinion Articles
Vegas Wedding: Jeff and Toni
This summer, Interracial Dating Central was responsible for yet another match and marriage! Meet Jeff and Toni, who met on IDC and had their ceremony in Las Vegas! Jeff learned of IDC through Christel...
Your perfect partner could be online right now
"My online love inspiration angel"
Submitted by: Patricia, USA, 21
To be honest, in the beginning, I thought it would be a waste of time. But since I've never seen a similar service in any other dating site, I decided to give it a try.
I always "thought" my profile was on point and I did not need any help to correct my page. I always had in my profile if someone is not attracted to my profile, then that's "their" loss.
BOY WAS I WRONG!!
I will never forget my first time using the Coaching Service I was introduced to my personal Dating Coach. Let me put it this way, if it was not for her I would have given up long time ago (even though I'm a new member).
She taught me so many things and gave me good advice, I did not want to stop chatting with her at all.
She opened my eyes to many possibilities when finding love. She is definitely an inspiration and I appreciate a whole lot. She is more than a Dating Coach to me; she is more of a close friend/guide to me. She is definitely my "online love-inspiration angel".
How to deal with that awkward moment when you see your ex
Loving Day Los Angeles Recap Video
Get The Guy
THIS Gets Him Addicted to You Foreverâ€¦
The Art Of Charm
Advice from a crazy ex-girlfriend
Costumes for every type of couple
The Date Whisperer
Is Honesty the Best Policy?
- Why white men love the black woman
- White mother, white father, black baby
- Why some Black women only date White Men
- Why are Asian men and Caucasian women couples more common lately?
- Is interracial sex better than sex with someone within your own race?
- What kind of Black woman dates a White man?
- Why do men almost always reappear after a breakup?
- 16 things to never say about a mixed person
- Are Black women and Asian men being sidelined?
- Is the White man the Black womanâ€™s ideal man?