Jill Scott's spirit winces at black-white dating
My new friend is handsome, African-American, intelligent and seemingly wealthy. He is an athlete, loves his momma, and is happily married to a White woman. I admit when I saw his wedding ring, I privately hoped. But something in me just knew he didn't marry a sister. Although my guess hit the mark, when my friend told me his wife was indeed Caucasian, I felt my spirit...wince. I didn't immediately understand it. My face read happy for you. My body showed no reaction to my inner pinch, but the sting was there, quiet like a mosquito under a summer dress. - Jill Scott; April issue, Essence Magazine
I know she was being honest about her feelings on 'such' coupling. She also says that her "positions is that for women of color" and that this wince isn't racist... but "has solely to do with the African story in America".
Much as she claims this to be the view of women of color, I expected better from her. Even if she had the guts to voice her honest opinion, I think people should keep such thoughts to themselves. They scream STONE AGE!. I am a woman of color ... Jill Scott's view isn't my view. Is her position the position of women of color? In what century?
- Interracial couple almost kidnapped their own baby
- For the record: "My White husband does not define me."
- Kanye thinks everyone hates his interracial relationship. Are his claims well-founded?
- One manâ€™s journey toward a preference for Black women
- Interracial baby makes Kim Kardashian care about racism
Men don't cheat. Staying after being cheated on doesn't make you loyal.
Who is your hottest mixed celebrity?
9 months, 5 dating profiles, 0 dates. Is she an online dating failure?
Loving Day Success! Couple Christelyn Interviews In 2013 Marries in 2014!
You OUGHT TO photoshop your online dating pictures?
Is "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" teaching us something about interracial dating?
Porn star fired by German political party over interracial sex scene
More Opinion Articles
Her Wide Net Landed Quite a Catch
Stephany and Joshua didnâ€™t wait long to meet in person. But that meant they barely knew each otherâ€¦ Would meeting up so quickly be a mistake?
Your perfect partner could be online right now
"The Coaching Service served as an incredible perk and has really enhanced my online dating experience"
Submitted by: Karen, USA, 34
My Dating Coach really took the time to go through my profile thoroughly. First she viewed my pictures and gave me great feedback.
She read through the written portion of my profile, line by line, and gave direct feedback on how to add my personality to it.
My amazing consultant, even asked how my contacts where going and offered a few suggestions to increase my interactions with new men.
I took her advice and made the suggested adjustments.
I have received more contact from men, more views, and have started communicating with more people which was the whole point of joining the site in the first place.
The Coaching Service served as an incredible perk and has really enhanced my online dating experience. Thanks!
Simple trick that can make any guy approach you
Dear Christelyn: "What If the White Guy I'm Dating Has No Black Friends?"
Get The Guy
He's too busy? Here is what he really means.
The Art Of Charm
Mating intelligence unleashed - It only takes one.
Keeping it fresh and fun
The Date Whisperer
- Why white men love the black woman
- White mother, white father, black baby
- Why some Black women only date White Men
- Why are Asian men and Caucasian women couples more common lately?
- Is interracial sex better than sex with someone within your own race?
- What kind of Black woman dates a White man?
- Why do men almost always reappear after a breakup?
- 16 things to never say about a mixed person
- Are Black women and Asian men being sidelined?
- Is the White man the Black womanâ€™s ideal man?