Jill Scott's spirit winces at black-white dating
My new friend is handsome, African-American, intelligent and seemingly wealthy. He is an athlete, loves his momma, and is happily married to a White woman. I admit when I saw his wedding ring, I privately hoped. But something in me just knew he didn't marry a sister. Although my guess hit the mark, when my friend told me his wife was indeed Caucasian, I felt my spirit...wince. I didn't immediately understand it. My face read happy for you. My body showed no reaction to my inner pinch, but the sting was there, quiet like a mosquito under a summer dress. - Jill Scott; April issue, Essence Magazine
I know she was being honest about her feelings on 'such' coupling. She also says that her "positions is that for women of color" and that this wince isn't racist... but "has solely to do with the African story in America".
Much as she claims this to be the view of women of color, I expected better from her. Even if she had the guts to voice her honest opinion, I think people should keep such thoughts to themselves. They scream STONE AGE!. I am a woman of color ... Jill Scott's view isn't my view. Is her position the position of women of color? In what century?
- Honey Maid responds to anti-gay & anti-interracial backlash positively
- Remote Kissing and Other Tech Gadgets to Keep That Long Distance Relationship Sizzling
- Is this how online dates go?
- One more interracial celebrity wedding; haters still at it!
- Does one culture end up dominating in interracial relationships?
5 Signs You Might Be Falling In Love
Are men more attracted to women looking to cheat?
If you've never dated interracially, you are more likely to do it online
Black Guy Brings His White Girlfriend to Barbershop in Harlem
Dream date? Wake up girl!!!
Is this how online dates go?
Ever Worry About Haters Threatening Your Interracial Relationship? Some Tips.
More Opinion Articles
Her Rant Ended with a Ring
She hadnâ€™t found the love she was looking for, so Gloria decided to sign up on our site. â€śI wanted to broaden my search for my soulmate,â€ť Gloria explains. â€śI had tried a couple before, but thi...
Your perfect partner could be online right now
"The Coaching Service served as an incredible perk and has really enhanced my online dating experience"
Submitted by: Karen, USA, 34
My Dating Coach really took the time to go through my profile thoroughly. First she viewed my pictures and gave me great feedback.
She read through the written portion of my profile, line by line, and gave direct feedback on how to add my personality to it.
My amazing consultant, even asked how my contacts where going and offered a few suggestions to increase my interactions with new men.
I took her advice and made the suggested adjustments.
I have received more contact from men, more views, and have started communicating with more people which was the whole point of joining the site in the first place.
The Coaching Service served as an incredible perk and has really enhanced my online dating experience. Thanks!
The AoC 7th anniversary special
Attention Sisters, Do You Know When a Rainbeau is Hitting on You?
Get The Guy
*Special Announcement*: Get The Guy Tour
The Art Of Charm
How to read body language
Do career ambitious women put off men?
The Date Whisperer
How To Get Off The Bench
- Why white men love the black woman
- White mother, white father, black baby
- Why some Black women only date White Men
- Why are Asian men and Caucasian women couples more common lately?
- Is interracial sex better than sex with someone within your own race?
- What kind of Black woman dates a White man?
- Why do men almost always reappear after a breakup?
- 16 things to never say about a mixed person
- Are Black women and Asian men being sidelined?
- Is the White man the Black womanâ€™s ideal man?