Is gay marriage and interracial marriage similar?
In 1960’s, it was illegal to marry interracially. Now we have Proposition 8, a state measure on the ballot this election, which intends to prohibit gay marriages. The laws against interracial marriage were unconstitutional and those against Proposition 8 will say it is unconstitutional to put homosexuals in the same position.
Is the gay marriage fight analogous to the fight against interracial marriage? Is it OK to compare gay marriage to interracial marriage? How can Americans balance moral issues and people's rights on this issue?
Your perfect partner could be online right now...
What are you looking for?
- Cop's Post about a Terrified Black Teenager He Pulled Over Goes Viral
- Barack Obama gets "choked up" while presenting Ellen DeGeneres with Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Jasmine Tookes chosen for Victoria’s Secret ‘Fantasy Bra’ honor
- Nick Cannon "lends his support" to ex-wife Mariah Carey
- Oyelowo on his Interracial Marriage and Connection he Feels to Film 'A United Kingdom'
47 responses to "Is gay marriage and interracial marriage similar?"
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.