Is gay marriage and interracial marriage similar?
In 1960’s, it was illegal to marry interracially. Now we have Proposition 8, a state measure on the ballot this election, which intends to prohibit gay marriages. The laws against interracial marriage were unconstitutional and those against Proposition 8 will say it is unconstitutional to put homosexuals in the same position.
Is the gay marriage fight analogous to the fight against interracial marriage? Is it OK to compare gay marriage to interracial marriage? How can Americans balance moral issues and people's rights on this issue?
Your perfect partner could be online right now...
What are you looking for?
- WATCH: Groundbreaking Show by Breast Cancer Survivors at New York Fashion Week
- Is the Oscars So White Controversy the Reason Behind this Year's Drop in Viewership?
- Zoe Saldana Shares Adorable First Pic of Baby Number 3!
- Watch Viral Video of Bus Racist Attack against Mixed Race Man
- Rachel Lindsay Breaks History as the First Black Bachelorette
Meghan Markle Wants You to Stop Airbrushing Her Face!
THIS is the Greatest and Unexpected Online Dating Deal-Breaker
Is the Grammy's Album of Year Award Only Given to White Artists?
Watch: Rihanna's Harvard Humanitarian Of The Year Acceptance Speech Is Everything!
"This Is A Really Cool Opportunity To Represent Black Men"- The Real Reason Behind Those Moonlight CK Underwear Ads
47 responses to "Is gay marriage and interracial marriage similar?"
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.