Engineering the alpha male
"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice." -- Proverb
John Romaniello, one of the most highly regarded experts in the fitness industry, has written for a myriad of publications, ranging from Men's Health to Fast Company, and has been featured as an expert on a number of television programs, including Good Morning America. His book Man 2.0 Engineering The Alpha: A Real World Guide to an Unreal Life debuted at #4 on the New York Times bestseller list. Romaniello is an angel investor in addition to his writing, and serves as an advisor to nearly a dozen fitness and tech companies.
In this episode, Romaniello talks about:
Your perfect partner could be online right now...
What are you looking for?
- Hormones: Optimize your hormones to become the best version of yourself and how to do it.
- Why is optimal testosterone so important?
- Lifestyle factors that influence testosterone.
- The signs of low testosterone.
- Why men have lower testosterone levels at a younger and younger age.
- How testosterone affects risk-taking and how risk-taking benefits you.
- What is Insulin and what can you expect from a low carb diet?
- Benefits of a high fat diet (bacon!)
- Benefits of saturated fat and cholesterol (Destroying the myth again).
- Benefits of fasting.
- What is the first step someone should take on the journey to the perfect body?
- Leptin manipulation and the science behind cheat days. How sleep influences your hormones.
- The best ways to improve sleep quality.
- How the mind affects the body and the body affects the mind (Sound familiar anyone?)
- How your thinking can influence hormones and how to reprogram your thoughts.
- Cortisol: The importance of reducing stress and the best ways to do it.
Tune in and let us know whether this episode has added any value.
Responses to "Engineering the alpha male"
Be the first to leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.