Five Tips on how to Date on a Dime
Have you ever thought that internet dating is so popular because dating in the real world is just too expensive? It's not like it use to be in our grand-parents time, when dating included dinner, dancing and a movie and you could do it a few nights a week. Here are five great dating ideas that won't break the bank.
(1) Walk and/or picnic in the park -The only thing you need is a good pair of sneakers and a beautiful day or night. What better opportunity to get some exercise in, have your mate's full attention, you can talk about anything and everything and not spend one dime. Now, if you want to pack a little lunch, you can certainly be creative with the things that you find in the house. Throw in a bottle of wine, some cheese and crackers and a couple of little plastic wine glasses and you've got the makings of a romantic rendezvous for two. Here's one that is sure to put a smile on someone's face (providing they're not grumpy in the morning). How about a surprise sunrise picnic? Pack a brown bag with your favorite bagels, fruit and orange juice and take your special someone to watch the sunrise.
(2) Playing cards or board games - Now everyone has a deck of cards right? You can buy them at any gas station, drug store or Wally world for less than a dollar. You don't have to conduct a Vegas style poker tournament to engage in a little "competitive" fun. Play for clothes (use your imagination), house-hold chores, or who pays for the next date. My favorite is a friendly game of "butt naked Tekken". My man is just happy that I'm playing a video game with him; the naked part is the added bonus for us both!
Your perfect partner could be online right now...
What are you looking for?
(3) Reading or writing together - This is fun for me for obvious reasons. What better way to spice things up than to find a hot steamy erotic novel and take turns reading it to each other? If you two are feeling creative and adventurous you can act it out and record it. Kind of like a "grown-folks charade". Just remember where you hide the tape, because trust me when I tell you that is not a good feeling to wonder where it is. Now, if writing is your thing, you can try a little body art. Write words in special places and try to figure out what those words are for special treats.
(4) Hang out with friends - Every once in a while it's nice to come out of the house and mingle with other people. You can feel confident that you are not the only one trying to save money when it comes to dating. So, hook up with friends and spend the night in. Movies, cards, pool and dancing are just a few things that come to mind. Everyone can bring a food dish and you've got an inexpensive night out only it's in...you know what I mean.
(5) Rent and watch movies - Now you can call me crazy, but this is one that you can also do when the two of you are a part. It helps to have an unlimited long distance phone service plan. It's as simple as both of you renting the same movie and watching it at the same time while you are either on the phone or web cam together. Don't forget the popcorn and drinks. If you can't get away for a nice long weekend, try a movie marathon. Rent the entire series of your favorite television show and stay in bed for an entire day or two or three.
This is Leticia, and there are so many things that you can do to "date" your mate without breaking the bank. All it takes is a little planning and a little creative imagination. The best part is if you take the money that you would have spent and put it aside you can splurge on a trip or an extra special "just because" night out on the town. It doesn't matter what you do, as long as you do something.
- Watch: Rihanna's Harvard Humanitarian Of The Year Acceptance Speech Is Everything!
- Watch: White Men, Black Women, THIS is When You KNOW It's a Fetish.
- And the Biggest Open Opponents to Black Women Finding Love with Other Races Are...
- Meet 38-Year-Old Woman Who Has Never Had a Date!
- Step Up, Kick Ass and Create an Extreme You
43 responses to "Five Tips on how to Date on a Dime"
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.