10 Casual Date Ideas For People Living in Los Angeles
Let’s face it, not every woman wants a date that’s heavy on the romance. Especially in the early days of a relationship, it’s more about getting to know each other. Fortunately, if you live in the Los Angeles area, there are no shortage of fun things to do that don’t necessarily have romantic trappings. Here are ten to get your mind turning on the subject.
1) The Hollywood Walk of Fame - No list of casual dates in LA would be complete without a mention of the Walk of Fame. If you’re a native, you’ve probably already been there and done that, but if your love interest is from out of town, it’s a must-see, and you’ll play the hero, being her tour guide. A great, fun filled afternoon.
2) Theme Parks - If there’s one thing that California does like no place else, it’s the theme park. There are tons of these, from Disney to Universal, and more. Pick your favorite, or even better, have her pick hers, and make a day of it. With all the rides, events and activities, there’s something for everyone, and something to cater to every taste and interest. Where a casual date is concerned, you really can’t go wrong going the theme park route.
Your perfect partner could be online right now...
What are you looking for?
3) Does you lady love sports? You’ve got the Dodgers, the Clippers, the Angels, and the Lakers to choose from, so no matter what time of year it is, there’s always somebody playing. What about taking her to the Staples Center to watch her favorite team play? A fun, casual atmosphere, and you get to cheer her favorite team on. What could be better?
4) A Sushi Date - If you or your girl are a fan of sushi, why not head to Little Tokyo and spend the afternoon sampling the wares from the various vendors there? If you’re not sure where to start, head to Oomasa first, and work your way outward from there. A light hearted gourmet day and a splendid culinary adventure.
5) Is your new love interest an adrenaline junkie? Are you? If so, take her zip-lining. Big Pines offers a great, adrenaline fueled rush that neither of you will soon forget. The views are spectacular and you’ll get a first hand opportunity to see what she’s made of. That’s good stuff.
6) Los Liones - If you’re looking for something a bit more low key than the thrills of zip lining, but still want to be outside, take her hiking on Los Liones trail. The scenery is just gorgeous, so make sure you both bring your smartphones so you can take lots of pictures, because there will be plenty of photo ops. If she’s even a little bit of a nature lover, this one would be perfect. Warn her to wear comfortable shoes, Jimmy Choos won’t hack it!
7) Eagle Rock Brewery - Microbreweries are all the rage these days, and with good reason. They’re producing some of the best beer on the planet. Eagle Rock is not only an excellent casual setting for a date, but if you go on Sunday, the tour of the facility is free. Won’t cost you anything, and it’s guaranteed to be a fun filled afternoon.
8) Venice Beach - As with the Walk of Fame, no top ten list of casual date venues in LA would be complete without a mention of Venice Beach. With tons of water-based activities to choose from, lots of people watching opportunities, and plenty of shops and eateries to explore together, you can fill up a whole day here and still not see everything. That’s good, because it gives you a readymade next date, assuming that this one goes well!
9) Shopping on Rodeo Drive - I ask you, what girl doesn’t love shopping? And is there a better place to do that particular activity (even if you’re just window shopping) than along Rodeo Drive? If you want to keep it casual, but make a BIG impression, this will leave her grinning from ear to ear. Of course, it’s a wonderful place to spot the rich and famous too.
10) Farmer’s Market & The Grove – If you’re looking for a fun, lively place with a good vibe and energy to it, then come here. This isn’t what you’d normally expect of a farmer’s market. It’s actually got quite a variety of shops and vendors, so there’s plenty to do and see, or, just take her for the people watching. It’s a great way to get you both outside in the fresh, California air, without being off the beaten path, and after you’ve worked up an appetite exploring together, there are plenty of places to grab a bite to eat.
It’s hard to pick “just” ten casual dates and dating venues in a city the size of Los Angeles, so understand that this list only barely scratches the surface, but there’s sure to be something your love interest will enjoy here.
- QOTW: White Male Engaged to Black Female Seeks Advice About His Racist Son
- QOTW: Black Girl Wondering If The Guy She Met Online Is Really Attracted to Her
- How to be Less Judgemental When Dating Online
- My #1 Tip for Getting Your Dream Love Life (HINT: Resolutions Will Fail You)
- Top 10 Things To Do & See on a Romantic Date in Philadelphia
Responses to "10 Casual Date Ideas For People Living in Los Angeles "
Be the first to leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.